Friday, March 4, 2011

Erwin Wurm Makes Art Really Weird

Click Images To Enlarge



Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm is an Austrian artist who makes some of the coolest art I’ve seen in a while. His approach seems rather random and funny to me, like his one minute sculptures where he poses people with random objects, redefining the notion of what sculpture is. What I’m really loving though are his fat cars, these bulbous, mutated versions of cars that are completely insane. These are made using polyurethane foam and styrofoam covered with lacquer, once painted look exactly like a real car gone plump. He’s got some other really great pieces I had to post as well like the house which is perilously tipping over the edge of the Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien in Vienna. To me it feels like Erwin is really having a lot of fun making his art, and in turn, makes it that much more fun to see.

No comments: